MEANING OF KHATM-E-NUBUWWAT
What is the meaning and importance of Khatm-e-Nubuwwat? State clearly the characteristics of this status in relation to the personality of the Holy Prophet (ﷺ)
Ans: Allah started the chain of Prophethood from Hazrat Adam Alaih-i-Salam and it ended with the Holy Prophet Muhammad (ﷺ)… Muhammad (ﷺ) is the last Prophet. There will be no Prophet after him. In the terminology of Shariah (Islamic law) having this faith is called the “Faith in Khatm-e-Nubuwwat”.
THE IMPORTANCE OF FAITH IN KHATM-E-NUBUWWAT
Belief in Khatm-e-Nubuwwat is one of the basic and important articles of faith. From the Holy Prophet SallAllah-o-Alaihi Wa Aalihi Wasallam’s time to this day every Muslim has the belief that Muhammad SallAllah-o-Alaihi Wa Aalihi Wasallam is the last Prophet of God without any doubt.
- Hundred Ayahs of the Holy Quran and
- The Arabic Hadith (two hundred and ten Hadith) proves Khatm-e-Nubuwwat.
- The first consensus of Muslim opinion (Ijmah) took place on this issue.
So, Hazrat Maulana Syed Muhammad Anwar Shah Kashmiri (Rahmatullah Alaih) writes in his last book “Khatm-e-Nubuwwat”that:
Translation “And the first-ever consensus of Muslim opinion was the consensus on the murder of Muslima Kazab. Its only reason was just his claim of Prophethood. The reverend Sahaba (Razi Allah-o-Anhum Wa Razu An) (The companions of Holy Prophet SallAllah-o-Alaihi Wa Aalihi Wasallam came to know about his other evil doings later, as Ibne Khuldoon writes. And ages after ages there was always consensus on the infidelity, apostasy, and killing of the claimer of Prophethood, and there was never debate on Nubuwwat Tashria or non-Tashria.”
HONOUR OF THE STATUS OF KHATM-E-NUBUWWAT
In the Holy Quran ‘Rab-ul-A’lamin’ (the Lord of the universe) has been used for God, ‘Rahmatal-el-A’lamin’ (merciful to the universe) has been used for Hazrat Muhammad SallAllah-o-Alaihi Wa Aalihi Wasallam. In the same way, ‘Zikral-el-A’lamin’ (invocation of God’s name) has been used for the Holy Quran, and ‘Hudal-el-Aalameen (guidance for the whole universe) has been asked for Baitullah. It proves not only the universality of Hazrat Muhammad SallAllah-o-Alaihi Wa Aalihi Wasallam but also proves the specialty of the Holy Prophet’s SallAllah-o-Alaihi Wa Aalihi Wasallam being the last Prophet. Because all the other Prophets before Hazrat Muhammad SallAllah-o-Alaihi Wa Aalihi Wasallam were sent by God in their particular regions and for the specific nations and time periods. With the coming of Hazrat Muhammad SallAllah-o-Alaihi Wa Aalihi Wasallam God made the whole universe one unit for his Prophethood.
As God is the ‘Lord’ (Rab) for the whole universe, in the same way Hazrat Muhammad SallAllah-o-Alaihi Wa Aalihi Wasallam is ‘Prophet’ for the whole universe. This is the honor and speciality only for Hazrat Muhammad SallAllah-o-Alaihi Wa Aalihi Wasallam one of the six features that the Holy Prophet SallAllah-o-Alaihi Wa Aalihi Wasallam described for himself is that:
“I have been sent as the prophet for all the creatures and this chain of Prophethood comes to an end with me” (Mishqat p.512 Chapter Fazail Syed-ul-Mursaleen. Muslim v.1 p.199 Kitabul Masajid).
Hazrat Muhammad SallAllah-o-Alaihi Wa Aalihi Wasallam is the last Prophet. His Ummah is the last Ummah. His SallAllah-o-Alaihi Wa Aalihi Wasallam Qiblah is the last Qiblah (Bait-Ullah Sharif). The Book that was revealed to Him SallAllah-o-Alaihi Wa Aalihi Wasallam is the last Divine Book. All these specialties are related to the status of Khatm-e-Nubuwwat and the personality of the Holy Prophet SallAllah-o-Alaihi Wa Aalihi Wasallam as well. So, because of the Holy Prophet’s SallAllah-o-Alaihi Wa Aalihi Wasallam seal of Prophethood Quran and Bait Ullah got the honor of being called ‘Zikral-e-Alamin’ and ‘Hudalel A’lamin’ respectively. And Holy Prophet’s SallAllah-o-Alaihi Wa Aalihi Wasallam Ummah was declared the last Ummah, as the Holy Prophet says:
“I am the last Prophet and you are the last Ummah” (Ibne Maja p.297).
Hazrat Allama Jalal-Ud-Din Sayuuti writes in his famous book, Khasais-ul-Kubra, that to be the last Prophet is the feature specialized only for the Holy Prophet (PBUH). (see v.2 pp.193, 197, 284).
In the same way, Allama Syed Muhammad Anwar Shah Kashmiri (Rahmat Ullah Alaih) writes: to be the last of all the Prophets is due to the particular excellence and features of Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH) personality” (Khatam-un-Nabiyeen Urdu p.187)
Almighty Allah says: “Muhammad (ﷺ) is not fathering any of your Men. However, he is the Messenger of Almighty Allah and the Last / Seal of the Prophets. In addition, Almighty Allah has complete knowledge of the things.” Thus, the finalization of the Prophethood has been clearly declared by Almighty Allah himself. There are about one hundred (100) verses of the Holy Quran and more than two hundred (200) Sayings of the Holy Prophet on Khatm-e-Nubuwwat, which clearly and preciously convey that the practice of appointing Prophets has been finished after Hazrat Muhammad (ﷺ). Let us study some of the Sayings of the Holy Prophet on this.
* “I am the Last of the Prophets. No Prophet is there after me.”
* Saad Bin Abi Waqaas narrates that the Holy Prophet (ﷺ) said to Ali “Ali! You have the same status and relation with me as Haroon (AS) had with Mosses (AS) with the exception that there is no Prophet after me.”
* Hazrat Abu Amarah narrates, the Holy Prophet (ﷺ) Said: “I am the Last of the Prophets and you are last of the Ummah.” “I am the seal of the prophets and you are the seal of Ummah.”
* Ummul-Mumineen Hazrat Ayesha (Razi-Allah-ho-Anha)Narrates, the Holy Prophet (ﷺ) said: “I am the Last of Prophets and My Mosque is the Last of the mosques of the Holy Prophets.”
* Hazrat Uqba bin Aamir (Razi-Allah-ho-Anha) narrates, the Holy Prophet (ﷺ) said: “Had there been any Prophet after me, Omer (Razi-Allah-ho-Anha) S/o Khattab would have been that”.
* Hazrat Abu Hurerah (Razi-Allah-ho-Anhu) narrates, the holy Prophet (ﷺ) said “My example and example of other Prophet s is like the one who constructed the great, grant and beautiful place but left place of brick in one of the corners. People came to see and went around it. They praised its beauty and grandness very much. Besides they said this is one brick that has not been fixed.” The holy Prophet (ﷺ) said, “I am that brick and I am the last of the prophets. (I am the seal of the Prophet Hood)”.
* Hazrat Sobaan(Razi-Allah-ho-Anhu) narrated, the Holy Prophet (ﷺ) said: “There will be thirty faiths fewer liars of the highest order. Every one of them wills claims to be a Prophet. Whereas in fact, I am last of the Prophets. No Prophet is to come (Here) after me”.
* Hazrat Abuzar (Razi-Allah-ho-Anhu) narrates, the Holy Prophet (ﷺ) said to me. “O; Abuzar! The primarily of the Prophets is Hazrat Adam (Alaihe-Salaam) and the last of all the Prophets is Hazrat Muhammad (ﷺ).” Almighty Allah Says in Qur’an about his last prophet “Nor does he say (aught) of (his own) desire. It is no less than inspiration sent down to him”.
After such clear and explicit declaration by almighty Allah Himself and his last his most distinguished Prophet about the end termination of the practice of appointing Prophets, if someone does not believe in that, he is definitely an atheist and must be treated accordingly. The whole Muslim Ummah coherence on the belief of Khatm-e-Nubuwwat. All the expounders and exegetics have concord on the meanings of Khatm-e-Nubuwwat. i.e. there is neither any type of Prophet nor any sort of messenger after Hazrat Muhammad (ﷺ). It is also concordat that there is no other interpretation or appropriation in the meanings of the word Khatm-e-Nubuwwat. The abnegator (denier) of Khatm-e-Nubuwwat is the abnegator of Allah his last messenger and coherence of Muslim Ummah. Denier of Khatm-e-Nubuwwat element of Nubuwwat is infidel, traitor, and the biggest liar. His punishment is the same as that of Muselema Kazzab. May Allah grace all the Muslims to bound and cling themselves to the person of Hazrat Muhammad (ﷺ) and remain adherent to the teachings of Islam in letter and spirit Aamin.
Despite the divine facts, Mirza Ghulam Ahmad Qadiyani (Founder of JamaatAhmadiya) introduces himself as the last Prophet who is blasphemous and false. The disciples and followers of Qadianism have a mission to make the proof of Prophet Muhammad (ﷺ) doubtful in the eyes of uneducated and poor Muslim communities. They propagate that there was a scope of a Prophet to come, and validate the claims made by Mirza Ghulam Ahmad Qadiyani that he is the last prophet, and thus make innocent people renounce their faith.
The fundamental aim of Majlis Tahaffuze Khatme Nubuwwat is to eradicate this very evil effort and conspiracy of the Qadiyani sect, protect the faith of those innocent Muslims who are pulled into their falsehood of Qadiyanism and defend the seal of Prophethood of Muhammad (ﷺ).
Majlis Tahaffuze Khatme Nubuwwat Trust performs two important tasks in order to fulfill its mission. Firstly, to provide religious education in villages and to encourage Islamic preachers (Dawah&Tabligh). Secondly, to educate the urban population about the belief in the finality of Prophethood and create a general viewpoint about the blasphemous Qadiyani cult practices. In order to accomplish the first task, we are establishing the schools in villages with a belief that education is the light that drives away the darkness of ignorance, and constructing Masjids since they are among the pillars on which the Muslim faith rests. To carry out our second task we arrange our regular congregations (Jamat), train the youth, students,
and members of religious organizations to confront, dialogue, and debate with the Qadiyanis.
World's oldest Royal Bengal Tiger dies The Sundarbans National Park is a large coastal mangrove forest shared by India and Bangladesh. The area is home to the royal Bengal tiger and other endangered species such as the estuarine crocodile and the Ganges river dolphin....
Who can never be happy? The majority of humans who have ever lived, possibly? Asking any human to be happy or telling any one person to be happy is asking an awful lot. I mean, life is tough; existence is tough. And there exists a multitude of ways in which any human...
Google Play Store has offered a lot of free and premium applications with a wide range of features, in a variety of categories. Major of these are Games, Apps, and Kids categories. Sharing revenue, and market awareness is the small and big point of this list. Top...